A Construction company in West London are looking to recruit an experienced Materials Buyer who will work within a small team on a permanent basis.
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well-organised work schedule
- Assessing the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
The ideal candidate would have CIPS Qualification with excellent, communication and negotiating skills.
Essential to have at least 10 years with Procurement in a similar business.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.