Senior Procurement Category Manager - Banking Operations
The Category Manager for Banking Operations reports into the Category Lead
and is responsible for developing and driving category strategies across a
cluster of critical spend sub-categories categories comprising Barclays’
Business Units and functions spend (for facilities management (IFM), security,
utilities, capital construction, corporate insurance, travel, and document management). The Category Manager will align the category plan to business objectives, and
translate those plans into Sourcing activities for the Sourcing team. The Category Manager closely monitors the sourcing projects to ensure delivery remains aligned to desired business outcomes. The scale of influence is approximately £960 million worth of spend.
- Market Expert: Actively seek out innovation and inspire thought leadership.
- Analyse Spend Data: perform in-depth spend analysis within a category (e.g. spend structure by supplier, business unit, function, geography and to identify key drivers for spend and demand and understand the underlying cost drivers and cost levers).
- Analyse procurement practices and supplier risk: map and analyse the current commodity practices (e.g. supplier concept and buying channels).
- Benchmarks: Conduct market research on current best practices, and best in class rates, determining external future category trends.
- Develop sourcing plan: The CM creates the short and long term plans. The plan contains all information to inform the opportunity pipeline for deal execution.
- Savings generation: Responsible for the identification and scoping of projects which will generate 4-8% savings or more on the addressable spend per year.
- Supply market analysis: Aimed to understand the supply market in terms of size, growth, players as well as trends, and potential buying power leverage opportunities.
- Supply chain transformation: Ensure supplier development and diversity initiatives are prioritised within the category plan to enable diversity spend targets..
- Project Management and execution, including collaborative stakeholder management
- Managing resources in a matrix environment
- Extensive experience in procurement with a reputable firm, preferably in financial services industry
- Knowledge and experience of specific market and key vendors on a global basis
- Practical training in a reputable blue chip or consulting approach to procurement/category management and process design
- Masters degree, CIPS, CPM, or other advanced qualification
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products
and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth
management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our
goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and
clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that
generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried
out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management
Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional
and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with
the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to
discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment
opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed,
religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.