Procurement Category Manager - Facilities Management (FM)
One of the most exciting global e-commerce Retailers has created a new position for a Category Manager, with Facilities Management experience, to take on a challenging role in their Group Procurement function.
This is a superb opportunity to work in a progressive and dynamic but sometimes chaotic (because of the pace of change) company culture where the procurement spend is evolving and growing on an international scale. Procurement is consistently looking at ways to support the business and drive forward innovation and Procurement (Indirects/GNFR), is at the heart of the organisation.
You will commercially manage several FM projects across a wide range of spend on an international scale. The business has recently consolidated security, cleaning and M&E to one supplier and the FM Category Manager will need to manage this contract and relationships. Other spend will include catering, post room and CCTV.
This role will suit someone that likes variety and strategic projects and can spot opportunities for Procurement to be involved. For example, there is an opportunity to review FM spend within the warehouses and build a business case to demonstrate synergies to be had by managing it through Procurement.
• Management of an outsourced FM provider by embedding innovation and the investment schedule agreed. Ensure a 2-way relationship between supplier and company, increasing service levels and governance.
• Deliver FM category strategies across a wide range of spend
• Influence, educate and on-board senior FM stakeholders, up to Director level, and contribute to the overall business planning
• Agree KPIs and SLAs for a range of FM contracts
• Plan and deliver commercial negotiations
• Support the implementation of good practice procurement practices
• Be a key user of e-auctions
• Manage suppliers
The ideal applicant:
• An experienced procurement professional with some exposure to the FM category combined with a self-motivated, level-headed and positive approach
• Experience gained in a fast moving, high pressure company culture where you have had to build procurement process and no two days are the same
• A passion, and experience in, driving best practice procurement transformation
• Able to develop strategy and have the procurement skills to deliver it
• A track record of delivering savings and service targets is imperative
• Highly developed communication skills and a proven track record of managing and collaborating with, and influencing, senior stakeholder relationships internally and externally
• Flexibility to think strategically but have a hands on, pragmatic approach
• Degree calibre is essential