Buyer - Beef and Pork
Our client is a market leading FMCG (food) company, manufacturing famous own brands. Their culture is fast moving and progressive and they are on a journey to build a ‘best in class’ procurement function.
They have a requirement for an ambitious Buyer to lead their Meat category in their centralised Group Procurement team. You will have responsibility for a Group spend of €32m for beef and pork.
Working at a strategic and operational level, you will identify and deliver sourcing projects and category management to meet the business needs as well as promoting Procurement across the organisation as a ‘best in class’ function.
The meat category is growing rapidly and there are plenty of commercial challenges including high market prices and high demand.
• Work closely with senior management to build challenging and achievable cost reduction targets
• Identify savings opportunities, supported by analysis and stakeholder engagement
• Project manage all strategic sourcing initiatives across all key spend areas
• Manage, and have credibility with, cross functional teams including key internal stakeholders and suppliers
• Working effectively with suppliers to ensure a high level of service and quality and that suppliers are treated fairly
The ideal applicant:
• At least 2 years'+ experience in procurement/buying, with knowledge of procurement principles (sourcing, tendering, contract and supplier management) gained in FMCG or Food Retail or similar
• Direct/Raw Materials experience i.e. ingredients, packaging or contract manufacturing
• Solid commercial capability and negotiation skills
• Multi-cultural empathy and preferably pan-European experience
• Clear communication skills
• Highly organised with project/programme management skills and the ability to drive, manage and deliver change
• Strong influencing and team building skills with the ability to build consensus with stakeholders
• Naturally inquisitive and able to drive forward innovation and build best practice
• Graduate calibre