IT Category Buyer
IT Category Buyer
HomeServe have a fantastic opportunity within the Procurement team for an IT Category Buyer to work as part of a small effective procurement team focusing on the Information Technology categories (Software, Hardware & Telco), to rationalise suppliers, demonstrate value for money and identify spend areas where contracts are required. You will report to the IT Global Category Manager, who will also set you a savings target to be measured each month in addition to;
The role will be based in Walsall, although there may be very occasional travel to other sites.
- Delivery of savings
- Directly assist the IT Global Category Manager in all areas of the procurement cycle
- Review of spend data
- Analysing the market
- Tendering of requisitions to ensure value for money
- Managing requisitions to ensure that it complies with procurement policy
- Rationalisation of the supplier base
- Effective communication with internal stakeholders where required to form relationships with stakeholders assisting and advising them on sourcing options and procurement best practice.
- Negotiation with suppliers on costs and terms
- Manage supplier related risks – financial checking where appropriate
- Produce reporting on weekly/monthly basis to identify savings against target
- Supplier relationship management
To be successful in this role you need to have the following skills, knowledge and attributes;
- A sound understanding of the Procurement lifecycle
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Working towards CIPS qualification
- Experience within any indirect categories (Software, Hardware & Telco) would be advantageous
- Experience of compiling tender documents and contributing commercial terms
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to influence others
- Self Starter
What We Offer
You’ll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You’ll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.
Could you be who we’re looking for?
It’s our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We’ve been named as one of the 10 best place’s to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.