Head of Distribution Centre
Head of Distribution Centre
£High + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Our client is looking for an experienced and senior manager from within either major retail or 3PL
Candidates must have experience of overall responsibilities for a major distribition centre (1500+ staff)
We have an exciting opportunity within the Supply Chain for a Head of DC.1. The successful candidate must be capable of driving great operational performance, challenging, influencing, engaging and effectively managing relationships; whilst demonstrating a passion for supply chain and retail
- Develop and maintain a Health and Safety culture to ensure the well being of all employees, customers and third party vendors, through constant monitoring, reviews of procedures and working closely to the Risk Management Team
- Improve and maintain compliance with all relevant legislation
- To drive H&S focus and best in class performance
- Ensure that policies are applied and managed in a fair, consistent and transparent way
- Develop existing team members and implement robust succession plans
- Ensure all recruitment is to a high standard
- Ensure a positive brand perception is maintained at all times
- To create good working practices, relationships and a partnership with the Unions
- Maintain effective regular communication across Supply Chain, Departments and ensure this cascades to team members (Engagement, ITL, Doing our bit)
- Represent a professional, respectful, and courteous manner when interacting with co-workers members. Team work skills are critical
- Promote the achievement of corporate goals and objectives
- To lead day to day operations through the teams, ensuring completion of work is accurate, efficient and cost effective to meet organisational plans within established budget and timescales. Recommend alternative work methods, procedures, controls and staffing when required and appropriate.
- Implementation of business measures, new processes or strategies; create, implement and manage operational plans, assist in development of strategic plans for operational activity, liaising with senior management as appropriate.
- Improve working environment and processes of organisation (continuous improvement), implement quality management and regulatory compliance strategies. Plan and control change; ability to implement and oversee change processes. Additionally to support the introduction of a new WMS into the site in conjunction with the Business solutions implementation teams to deliver a leading WMS system.
- Prepare, revise and submit reports; forecast, monitor and control budgets within area of responsibility, ensuring alignment within the DC in all areas of Capital, Revenue and Wages spend to meet quality, service and cost targets.
- To ensure robust performance management of the operations team; ensuring employee productivity whilst maintaining quality of work
- Create and maintain effective communication methods across the DC, ensuring information cascades to all team members (In The Loop, Engagement, Balcony Brief etc).
- To resource plan the operation, both short/medium and long terms ensuring that business initiatives / plans are taken into consideration along with key trends; structures / roles / objectives / responsibilities / schedules to be continuously reviewed to ensure these meet the site requirements.
- Manage third party relations – agency and other contracts as applicable.
- Experience within a Supply Chain/Logistics essential
- Strong people behaviours and leadership skills
- Previously managed ‘big’ DC / Transport operations
- Track record of success, clearly demonstrated on their CV
- The ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and influence their buy in to the significant changes required
- Passion to deliver exceptional customer service quality standards
- Experience of working in a systems and process driven environment
- Senior manager level of financial understanding , strong numerical and analytical ability
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand current strengths and identify opportunities for future development
- Managed in excess of 1,600 staff
- History of union experience and knowledge
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, and written and verbal communications skills
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your Cv with salary & location requirements to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Logistics Transport & Distribution £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in Worksop
- Operations Transport & Distribution £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in Worksop
- Supply Chain Transport & Distribution £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in Worksop
- Transport Transport & Distribution £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in Worksop
- Warehouse Transport & Distribution £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in Worksop