My client, one of the UKs leading construction and property management companies within the private and not for profit sector, is looking for an accomplished Procurement Manager to join their developing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in a newly formed Group Procurement division and be charged with delivering significant business benefits across the organisation.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of managing a team of category and sourcing managers to deliver outstanding value.
Day to day duties:
- Lead a team to manage the day to day planning and organisation
- Analyse group wide spend and contribute to a robust procurement strategy
- Provide an innovative approach to supply chain management and sourcing
- Manage, amend and develop the existing approved list of suppliers and contractors
- Develop and implement the annual procurement programme in accordance with policy
- Evaluate procurement options for contracts including the use of external frameworks
- Provide a well-documented and clear audit trail for all procurement activity
- Manage risks associated with areas under the jobholder's control
- Develop and deliver ongoing procurement training and coaching across the unit
Personal attributes and qualifications:
- MCIPS qualified
- Credibility and ability to operate at senior executive level
- Exposure to both the public and private sectors
- The expertise to handle complex, multi-million pound contract negotiations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding negotiation skills
- Sound business acumen and understanding of "value for money"
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is adding significant value in their field. The successful candidate will have the autonomy and freedom to make a real difference and create and forward thinking and innovative procurement division.