Head of Procurement | Highly Innovative Aviation Firm | Sussex
Are you a Procurement Leader with a strong interest in the aviation industry? Do you enjoy working across a broad range of procurement categories and are keen to retain or gain that “generalist” feel to your procurement skill set? If you live in Sussex or within a commutable area, this is a fantastic opportunity to work within a highly dynamic and forward-thinking business that is continuing to grow.
This Head of Procurement role is responsible for managing a broad range of direct and indirect procurement category areas including MRO, Capex, Engineering Components and Consumable spend, reporting to the VP of Procurement.
This Head of Procurement role will see you:
- Overseeing a multi-million pound spend across a broad area of direct and indirect procurement, leading this function area.
- Collaborating with relevant functions and operational teams to ensure understanding and compliance with key purchasing strategies and contracts.
- Interfacing with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to produce innovative ways of achieving success.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in assessing, evaluating and nominating suppliers for a project.
- Developing procurement solutions for identified issues to ensure delivery of projects is maintained.
- Being accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing a team of procurement professionals and supporting their coaching and development.
Skills / Qualities required to be a successful applicant:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be a strong influencer and highly capable of stakeholder management.
- A clear background in developing procurement strategies.
- Understanding of Procurement To Pay, involved in automation and efficiency initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Background in team management, coaching and development.
- Be comfortable with new procurement functions where policy and procedure is still in the development stages, and be able to contribute to that development.
- Strong supplier relationship management capabilities
- Background in “outsourcing / make vs. buy” assessment
- Aviation background would be a bonus, particularly if it’s in the MRO space. Alternatively, people involved in similar inventory supply chains from other industries could still be very relevant.
If you are a senior procurement professional looking for a new challenge, with proven people management expertise and broad category knowledge of the aviation or engineering industry, then this could well be the role for you!