£42,336 - £47,628
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and state of the art ventures that this country has ever seen.
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations, a newly formed division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain.
Our aim is to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost effective railway.
What do we do?
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
Every year we:
- Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
- Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
- Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
- Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
- Make sure everyone’s wages are paid on time.
- Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
- Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
What will you be doing?
You will apply your specialist knowledge in Electrification and Fixed Plant to enable the delivery of strategic and cost-effective procurement. This will be achieved through seeking out and securing contract and supplier arrangements that provide goods and services necessary for the efficient operative of our organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Build rapport with internal and external partners to create future business strategies and maintain an up-to-date supply and demand plan.
- Collect, review and maintain all category-related and supplier performance data for particular categories, to feed in to and improve innovative category strategies.
- Use your expertise in Electrification and Fixed Plant to develop and uphold relevant category strategies covering all of our requirements at Network Rail.
- Champion the day-to-day supplier relationship management side of things for your designated specialist area.
- Collaboratively support delivery of supplier innovation and other new requirements for relevant categories.
- Action and enforce day-to-day governance of spend and be the main point of contact for the Contracts and Procurement community on all relevant queries.
- Devise and implement commercial strategies to better incentivise reliable supplier performance whilst simultaneously driving forward supplier performance development programmes and sourcing activity effectiveness.
Job Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
- An ability to have a strategic outlook through fully analysing all options and delivery of recommendations.
- Demonstrable experience of competent supply chain management practices in a relevant market.
- Proven experience of managing and building rapport with 3RD party supplier relationships as well as relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent numerical, report writing and presentational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional education, or experience.
- A proven commercial track record in a capital intensive / asset rich industry.
- Active participation in relevant industry bodies would be beneficial.
- First rate subject matter expertise for the given supply market.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 30 January 2018.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
More searches like this
- Category Manager Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Operations Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Procurement Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Purchasing Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Supply Chain Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire