Procurement Manager, IT/Technology (Digital and Retail)
Our client is a dynamic and progressive FTSE 150 Digital and Retail business that is going through a large business transformation. It is reshaping the Procurement function and has a brand new requirement for a Procurement Manager, IT/Technology.
It is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a vibrant and fun Procurement team and be at forefront of technology and best practice procurement.
The position will report into the Head of Technology Procurement and work as part of a small, high performing team to optimise 3rd party spend on all IT expenditure across the Group, with a specific focus on digital and retail spend, through the creation of short/mid/long-term optimisation strategies aligned to the objectives of the business. This will include: • Scoping out all historic and future IT spend, including digital (software focused to include application development and website) and retail (to include plenty of non-commoditised hardware, software and services spend), currently at £140m spend
• Engaging the IT community, and working, in partnership, as an integral part of the CIO office
• Creating an IT and Telecoms strategy, ensuring commercial tension and a clear roadmap of activity
• Building a cutting edge knowledge of the supply base, providing informed insights to the IT community
• Understand critical areas for technology innovation and build a pipeline of IT innovation opportunities to be shared with the supplier community
• Build a clear picture of global assets with opportunities for synergies and consolidations The company is expanding globally and this will provide further challenges in Europe and Australia.
Who should apply?
• A solid track record in shaping IT/technology (software, hardware, cloud, outsourcing, applications development/management) procurement categories, preferably with experience of building digital strategies or a passion for it
• A self-starter, used to working in an agile and fast paced culture but can balance process with agility
• Proven experience of influencing (NOT just responding to) C-level stakeholders
• Exceptional commercial experience including strategy creation, implementation and benefit delivery
• Experience in Total cost of ownership (TCO) modelling to define optimal cost structures
• Able to build a matrix commercial IT community with alignment around value optimisation strategies
• Excellent people and influencing skills across all levels of an organisation
• Highly organised and ambitious
• Graduate calibre/MBA