Global IT Category Manager
About the Role
Grow globally with an award-winning strategic procurement team. Partner with senior stakeholders, strengthen your Information Services (IS) expertise and extend your corporate procurement prowess to the limit working with an ambitious global information services business platform.
The top line
The mission of Corporate Procurement is to maximise the value and minimise the risk of spend with suppliers. At Sony Europe, we strive harder than most to deliver: our procurement philosophy is strategic, commercial, fact-based and driven relentlessly to improve.
We’re a highly ambitious team and genuine centre of excellence, decorated with awards, growing rapidly and fast becoming truly global in our horizons.
We want your vision, influence, business sense and strategic expertise steering our IS procurement onto the global stage. In this highly visible role, you’ll take full ownership of sourcing strategies that directly support top management decisions and help deliver on the bottom line.
- Contribute significantly to the overall performance, savings and profitability of the Sony companies served by our Global Information Services (GIS) platform
- Work closely with senior GIS stakeholders to identify new ways of working and source best-value solutions
- Negotiate the best overall commercial arrangements with suppliers selected through fact-based methods
- Be a recognised IS subject matter expert; developing, delivering and implementing the sourcing strategy with a flawless grasp of cost structures, trends and cost drivers
- Drive change; challenge existing sourcing decisions; coordinate supplier development strategies; always prove potential for improvement
- Manage relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Be responsible for managing circa €100 million of third party spend
- A corporate procurement professional with a substantial blue-chip background and international horizons
- Relevant experience managing IT Category (hardware and software)
- Good understanding of the global IS market, the players and the industry trends
- CPIM or CIPS qualified, ideally with Project Management Certification
- An excellent stakeholder and supplier manager, equally focused on value for money, service quality and positive strategic outcomes
- A fiercely successful negotiator
- Extremely influential and credible
- A keen instigator and manager of innovation and change
- Numerate and logical – able to make and justify data-driven decisions
- Almost certainly degree-educated
Why Sony Europe?
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of broadcast tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.