The role: Procurement Executive, Ingredients....
As Procurement Executive, your main responsibility will be to achieve the delivery and availability of ingredients in full and on time to enable the procurement department to achieve set targets. This role also supports the procurement team with all tasks to ensure accurate data, efficient working and robust information is presented to the wider business. The aim of this role is to attain a strong performing supplier base which achieves and where possible exceeds against business expectations, delivering procurement and operational success whilst ensuring no adverse effects to budget.
The role is a multi-dimensional, hands-on position allowing cross-functional exposure in a highly innovative and agile environment, giving you access to new ventures, processes and innovative ways of working.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Maintaining department systems with accurate information to enable optimum department performance.
- Evaluating ingredients stock requirements from the MRP system, placing orders and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Influencing suppliers to meet our requirements in terms of delivery time, conformance and quality standards.
- Generation of forecasts to be sent to suppliers to assist with ensuring 100% availability.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on supplier performances against agreed KPIs.
- Booking in deliveries, monitoring stock arrivals and amending and pursuing material requirements where necessary.
- Managing the communication, collection and recording of rejected materials.
- Authorising invoice payment, flagging variances and pursuing credits.
- Creating, developing and maintaining documents in the business to ensure optimal department efficiency.
- Developing current systems and procedures where appropriate to deliver enhanced control and performance.
- Supporting the internal supply chain team with information to assist them in achieving the availability targets.
- Covering the Packaging Procurement Assistant role when required.
- Take on any other tasks and ad hoc duties as requested by your manager, procurement team, supply chain team and the wider business to support the department and business with appropriate control and development.
What we’re looking for in you...
- A background within an FMCG business would be advantageous.
- MRP system experience (or similar).
- Ability to positively influence multiple stakeholders.
- Organised, self-reliant, with great time management.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Confident in working across the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Determined, open minded and energetic team worker.
- Proactive self-starter with an adaptable approach.
- Good financial and commercial acumen.
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercial aware, persistent and honest.
- The atmosphere at graze is social but hardworking. Everybody carries out their work with pride and there is a collaborative effort between teams to make the right decisions and drive the business forward to achieve all our goals.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.