Interim Procurement Analyst
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Manufacturing organisation who are seeking a Procurement Analyst to join their existing international team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-2 years commercial procurement or analysis experience to join a hugely dynamic team and add a very valuable assignment to their career progression.
- Work with procurement and business partners to assess their business needs and contribute meaningfully to the development of procurement and category management strategies.
- Develop and create SOP's/Training Guides.
- Undertake research, cost modelling and analysis of supply markets to identify opportunities and inform sourcing strategies.
- Develop and provide reports to support effective management of supplier performance and to track and report on benefits delivered.
- Communicating technical reports and analyses in a meaningful way to procurement stakeholders given the complexity of procurement analysis and the time-pressured working environment
- Continually building understanding of contemporary developments in procurement analytics and capability in applying analytics tools and methods given the rate of change in these areas.
Required Experience & Attributes:
- Basic understanding of Procurement concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Skill in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Ability to analyse data using standard statistical methods including data modelling; creates spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to illustrate findings; and drafts clear and concise management reports.