Terms and Conditions
SupplyChainOnline.co.uk is owned and operated by Ashenhurst Media Ltd and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions, which expressly apply to services and information, provided by third parties.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to Ashenhurst Media Ltd or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on the site are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Services and information provided on the site by our third party suppliers and us are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither our third party suppliers nor we can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances, which may result in loss or damage.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Credit card payments
SupplyChainOnline.co.uk’s core jobseeking services are free to use. However, some non-core services require payment to access. The payments are made by credit card using LloydsTSB Cardnet secure transaction environment. Please visit LloydsTSB Cardnet web site for more information.
Our system will only charge your credit card when the product or service you have requested has been dispatched. If you have difficulties with the above system, please contact our customer relationship management team. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring them on +44 (0) 207 288 6565
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall decide all disputes.
Terms and conditions of business for recruiters:
In these terms and conditions:
a. 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases Services from us;
b. 'Order Form' means an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
c. 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us from time to time;
d. 'Contract Month' means, in respect of any Order Form relating to the provision of Services for a specified period of months, the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Order Form and ending on the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 24 February and ending 23 March;
e. 'Contract Term' means the full term specified in the Order Form.
Commencement of Services
We will not commence the provision of Services pursuant to any Order Form until the Order Form has been returned to us, in a form approved by us and signed and/or confirmed via email by the Customer.
Prices are guaranteed for the period stated on the Order Form. Prices are confidential and may not be disclosed by the Customer.
A job posted on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk will remain live for 7 days or such shorter time as we agree with the Customer. Any extension of this time will be charged to the Customer as a new posting. Any jobs posted in addition to the agreed number of jobs per month will be charged at a price per job agreed with the customer at the time of the contract negotiation. If no price has been negotiated, a flat fee of £250 per job will be charged for each job over the agreed number. Its unique ID number identifies a single job. If a customer deletes a job and then either reposts it or posts another, this will be classed as two jobs.
If any Services to be used within any time period specified on the Order Form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior written consent. The Customer will be responsible for payment for any unused Services.
All prices exclude VAT. All invoices are payable within 14 days from invoice date. Late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of Services. Interest will be payable on late payments at the rate of 3% above National Westminster Bank plc's base rate from time to time.
The Customer may terminate the provision of Services under any Order Form by no less than 90 days notice to expire at the end of a Contract Month. Termination by the Customer before the end of the Contract Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
We may terminate the provision of Services if:
i. the Customer is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
ii. the Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
Limitation of liability
Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £10,000, whichever is the greater.
Employment agencies and employment businesses
If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that advertisements you place on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk comply with your obligations under the Act and Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the advertisements you place on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk Their purpose is to ensure those users who search the site or the SupplyChainOnline database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from SupplyChainOnline.co.uk any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job advertisements placed on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the 'send an email' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
Advertisements that appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability, are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If we believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from SupplyChainOnline.co.uk without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything that may bring SupplyChainOnline.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against SupplyChainOnline.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post jobs to SupplyChainOnline.co.uk
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from SupplyChainOnline.co.uk any advertisement that contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring SupplyChainOnline.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Third party sites
Vacancies you post on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between SupplyChainOnline.co.uk and the proprietors of such web sites.
Use of candidate database
Employment agencies and employment businesses
If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that the use you make of information from our candidate database complies with your obligations under the Act and the various regulations made under it, together with any applicable guidelines. These regulations are currently contained in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the use you make of information on our candidate database.
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to Ashenhurst Media Ltd. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the candidate database is determined by the product you have purchased from us. On receipt of this material you may:
i. Use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you or (if you are an employment agency or employment business) your client wish to fill.
ii. Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through SupplyChainOnline.co.uk depending on the product you have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy.
iii. Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
You may NOT:
i. Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
ii. Download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process.
iii. Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
Deletion of database material
You agree to delete all material from the candidate database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything that may bring SupplyChainOnline.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify SupplyChainOnline.co.uk from and against any claim brought by an individual against SupplyChainOnline.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that an unauthorised person is using it or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all advertising material ('Campaigns') accepted by Ashenhurst Media Ltd for display on any of our web sites. By placing a Campaign you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the actual advertiser.
2. We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before 9 am on the go- live date specified in your order. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
3. To cancel or alter your order you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go- live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
4. You are responsible for the content of the Campaign and for ensuring that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about the content or the Campaign we may, at our discretion, remove the Campaign from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the Campaign or its content infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on SupplyChainOnline.co.uk comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004.
5. You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods or services to which the Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless accordingly.
6. Where a Campaign is sold on a cpm basis, we will provide you with a password to enable you to monitor the number of impressions served in lieu of any other right of audit. You will not use the password, or the system to which it gives you access, for any other purpose.
7. Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve Campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any Campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant Campaign. Neither our subcontractors nor we shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the Campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.