Procurement Specialist opportunity with a leading Fortune 500 Biotech Company. Career progression opportunities are exceptional in this progressive, customer centric company, where the work you do really does make a difference. The Company gained Top Employer status in Europe and the UK in 2018.
The company is undergoing an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channelling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience. As a market-leader in UK & Ireland, the organisation recognises its responsibility to the healthcare system and continues to develop new ways of working, with a growth mind set.
Job Scope of the Procurement Specialist:
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will play a pivotal role within the Finance & Operations function as the Procurement Specialist professional, contributing to the strategy, direction and development of a best-in-class procurement organisation. You will be among fellow procurement professionals, bringing expertise, fresh ideas and perspectives to the business. Demonstrating strong focus on category management, contract management and innovation.
The Role of the Procurement Specialist:
- This is a varied and stimulating role with a wealth of opportunities to drive improvements and influence change:
- Identifying commercial opportunities and lead the process of strategic and tactical sourcing execution & implementation to ensure delivery of stakeholder requirements and procurement targets
- Manage and mitigate commercial and contractual risk
- Develop and maintain effective relationships both with the supply base and internal stakeholders
- Continuously review the supply base through category management methodology and consolidate where appropriate to optimize value and total cost of ownership
- Act as an interim support to the Fleet coordinator in his/her absence
- Provide training and guidance and support on purchasing system to stakeholders as well as identify any required system enhancements
- Ensure consistent procurement processes (RFI’s & RFP’s) are undertaken to appoint suppliers that provide optimum value and quality for the business
- Support Procurement team with contract reviews, supplier negotiations and supplier performance management where relevant
- Support Procurement system enhancement where relevant
- Ensure implementation of local and global procurement policies
Who you are:
- You are a passionate Procurement professional, with experience and understanding of the end to end Procurement process, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to sell the vision of Procurement to the business.
- You are dynamic, hardworking and self-reliant with a flexible attitude to challenging situations.
- Confident, articulate and tenacious
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proven excellent contract negotiation skills
- High level of commercial awareness
- Entrepreneurial flair and skills
- Ability to drive change and navigate ambiguity successfully
- Ability to travel
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Life Sciences related preferred)
- Sound knowledge of Procurement processes including RFP, RFI and contractual reviews
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Full understanding of category analysis for example: total cost of ownership, cost drivers and factors needed to ensure a robust commercial assessment for the company
- Ability to undertake financial evaluation and identify potential commercial risks utilising credit rating third party tools and excel
- Ability to manage and develop supplier relationships through contract management and review
- CIPs qualification or working towards CIPS qualification would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of SAP (SRM) module
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue-chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
Apply for Procurement Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly