- Full Time
Runcorn, WA7,4, Cheshire
£20,000 salary, permenent, full time & fantastic opportunity
Are you a recent science graduate looking for an exciting role within a growing International chemical company? Do you want to start an interesting career where you can learn and develop new skills in industry ( and use your degree as well?).
Our valued client is a chemical manufacturer in Runcorn, Cheshire and we are actively looking for a Procurement Assistant to join the Purchasing Department. Directly reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this particular role supports both sides of the business and is an entry level position that offers an exciting future within a well-recognised chemical supplier to the global scientific community. We are ideally looking for a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Chemistry who is located in the North West of the UK within commutable distance to Runcorn, Cheshire.
- Co-ordinating with the laboratories to secure and order starting materials, equipment and laboratory consumables for the production side of the business
- Administrating and distributing purchase orders to suppliers on a global level, i.e. North America, Europe, The Far East, etc
- Co-ordinate and place purchase order commitments with suppliers for traded / catalogue items
- Manage price discrepancies & vendor queries
- Liaise with vendors / suppliers on a regular basis to obtain updates on product prices and deliveries
- Identification and assign tariff codes for chemicals being imported by the company outside of the European Union / United Kingdom
- Communicating with import agents for goods arriving from overseas to ensure the correct duty and taxes are paid to HMRC
- Collation of regulatory documentation
Good knowledge of administrative procedures
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- Relevant Bachelor of Science degree. Preference is for a degree in Chemistry, but other scientific qualifications will be considered, i.e. Physics, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.
- Experience and competent with Microsoft Office software package, i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc. Previous experience with SAP would be advantageous, but not essential as full on the job training will be given.
A base salary of £ 20,000 (GBP) per annum is available for the right candidate. Probationary period is 6 months. A company bonus at year end is also available. Hours 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Position is immediately available. Holiday is 22 days, increasing a day per year to a maximum of 25 days. Company has a pension system in place, which the candidate would automatically enrolled on their first day of employment.
APPLY NOW TO ENSURE WE SEE YOUR CV FIRST!
Please call Mandy Blackwell on for more information, and see our website to register your CV for this vacancy.