- Full Time
A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe, My client is seeking an experienced Buyer to work in their busy shared services centre based in Warrington.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a busy transactional buying team for our blue chip customer base. This is a dynamic role and requires the successful candidate to think on their feet.
You will possess a strong procurement background and be used to working in a fast-paced, highly transactional environment. This is a key role within the organisation and involves dealing with requests direct from clients for indirect stock and materials - strong client relationship skills are essential.
The role will involve a series of daily tasks which will cover stock and non-stock items to be sourced, obtain quotes for new items and amend PIR's (Purchase Information Records). The role will be targeted around sourcing products from our preferred list of vendors, although as part of the quotation process you may need to approach other vendors to get the best price.
Your duties will involve:
- Managing quote requests via email from clients
- Sourcing materials and quotes from key category suppliers
- Updating internal systems with response details
- Managing the response to the client in a timely manner
- Sending quotes to client for authorisation
- Daily sourcing of various items such MRO, PPE, Motor's, Engineering equipmentand more
- Sourcing products from new and existing suppliersand using various tools to aid in this procedure
- Sending RFQ's (Requests for quotes) and RFI's (Request for information)
- Cross functional team working
- Dealing with price variances, lead time issues, plant stoppers(urgent item) and urgent items
- Use of SAP and other interfaces specifically designed.
- Work to various targets
- Communicate with the clients, suppliers and engineerson a daily basis
Experience and skills Required:
- Buying background in engineering and manufacturing is preferred, but not essential, as candidates with good buying experience from any market sector will be considered.
- You will need to be a self-starterand be able to use your own initiative to help source new products, using various databases, colleagues, strategic procurement team members and the occasional use of the internet.
- Good Use of Excel and Knowledge of SAP would be desirable but not essential.
- Good team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated individual work in a high volume turnaround business
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Quick learner
- Able to use initiative when sourcing products
- Good customer service is paramount
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm