Category Manager – IT Services
Exciting Procurement transformation roles for experienced & driven Category Managers to lead change & manage group IT Services spend for our market leading Services client. Interested?
As part of a wider corporate transformation programme our client is restructuring its procurement operations to reflect best corporate practice through optimising its spend leverage, raising the quality of its procurement skills and utilising its offshore capabilities to create a highly efficient team. The objective of the central procurement team will be to manage all external spend by the Group and ensure key strategic suppliers are closely monitored and aligned to its needs.
As Category Manager you will manage a sub category spend across the Group that has critical business impact. You will manage spend from between £50m to £100m across the Hardware, Software and Services categories Managing value delivery, on-going performance and the risk represented by the substantial supply base is of critical importance.
As a key member of the Procurement and Sourcing Team your objectives are to build and lead delivery of the Category Team’s capability, ensuring consistent and effective sourcing (external and internal); risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
You will be responsible for/have:
- Responsible for the allocation of Manager resources and capacity management across the category team supporting the Category Head.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage.
- Work with the Category Head to develop and deliver a clear category strategy for the Group
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the respective supply markets to apply best practice to supplier management.
- Develop relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to the business.
- Develop new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements that allow us to differentiate our client in the market.
- Lead cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardization, normalization of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry and related Divisional business models is essential.
- The ability to build and continuously improve the Category Managers capability within the business to meet the agreed strategy, encompassing services, structure, people, skills, knowledge, processes, technology and information.
- You will be Commercially focused and numbers driven, focused on cost, growth and value with the drive to deliver against expectation.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Category Manager – IT Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Private sector £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Private sector £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Private sector £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Private sector £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)