Category Manager role , Leeds, £40,000
Your new company
Hays is currently working with well-respected public sector organisation that is based in Leeds who are recruiting for a Category Manager on a permanent basis.
Your new role
You will manage the Laboratory category whilst proactively leading on collaborative tendering and contract management opportunities for a wide variety of stakeholders. You will demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and ethical behaviour. You will work closely with Category Groups and have responsibility for establishing, coordinating and managing more effective collaborative procurement arrangements on behalf of company's members. Utilising cost reduction, cost avoidance and demand aggregation opportunities, coupled with enhanced management information, market intelligence, strategic sourcing and improved supplier management techniques.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced and proven success, working with a variety of stakeholders to achieve targets and timelines around contract delivery.
- Experience of leading and managing category spend, creating category strategies and sourcing plans.
- Be fully conversant with all legal aspects of general purchasing
- Have proven skills in strategic sourcing and category management to develop and implement strategies and contracting plans .
- Ideally of Graduate calibre, with the highest ethical standards
- Have an understanding of sustainable procurement, risk assessment and incorporating sustainable criteria into procurements
What you'll get in return
For the selected candidate a strong financial and benefits package is on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.