Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
My Client a new and rapidly expanding, state of the art on and off line builders’ merchants with a difference, are looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager with immediate effect.
This is a new and dynamic business model with the backing of one of Europe’s leading building materials supplier.
- Overall responsibility for materials purchasing and ensuring materials deliveries are aligned with production & customer requirements.
- Use MRP to analyse demand and generate required work orders & purchase orders
- Optimise buying volumes to deliver best prices, whilst always considering optimal stock holding and customer underwriting.
- Ensure accuracy of all purchase orders
- Tracking and expediting material deliveries
- Supplier influencing and issue resolution to ensure any internal or external road blocks to success are understood and resolved.
- Setting, monitoring and reporting supplier KPI’s to SLG
- Work together with SLG to lead material supply chain continuous improvement
Stock & Material Controls
- Ensure timely booking in of all materials onto SLG system to facilitate accurate stock levels and performance management of suppliers
- Review stock levels between production facility and SLG to highlight and resolve any discrepancies.
- Monitor safety stocks to ensure these are aligned with production / forecast demands. Proactively feedback to SLG regarding any proposed safety stock adjustments required.
- Capture material production variances, understand variances and work with SLG mitt division to put in place corrective actions
- Keep SLG systems up to date with the latest material and stock information
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working at a senior level in a material planning and purchasing role within a building material stock and supply environment.
- Fully familiar with MRP systems
- PC literate in all Microsoft applications, particularly excel
- Educated to minimum of "A" level standard
- Mathematically astute with a good standard of English
Key Competency Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate advanced influencing, relationship building and problem-solving skills.
- Confident communicator
- Organised approach to work with a high attention to detail
- Time sensitive with a strong customer service ethos.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Determination to succeed.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment