Operations Manager, Newcastle
Role: Operations Managers
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
Our client is on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. They are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
We are an ambitious organisation which has undergone significant growth and diversification. The business now employs 400 staff delivering a diverse portfolio of employability, skills and youth services across the United Kingdom. The business currently has a number of exciting opportunities within its employability programmes, apply now to join our team.
What is the job about:
The Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the effective performance of one or more contracts with multiple delivery sites. This includes ensuring that all actions are taken to deliver within budget and to agreed performance and quality standards.
The primary focus of the Operations Manager role is to lead, motivate and develop the team to meet the requirements of the programme and to continuously improve the service we provide. Your remit may involve some remote management as well as responsibility for the service delivery of supply chain partners.
Whats in it for you:
- alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities.
- With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Require skills and experience:
- emonstrable success in the management of teams across multiple sites within the Welfare-to-Work or Training sector.
- You will ideally have experience of successfully managing voluntary participation programmes.
- Solid understanding of the design and implementation of complex operational processes across multiple teams.
- Experience of carrying out effective performance and development reviews, overseeing financial resources, driving continuous improvement and managing external relationships.
- High level of personal organisation and time management skills
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to work based learning with the specific client groups this role will involve.