Due to continued growth of Tempower, it is appropriate that we grow with our structure and people in parallel; now currently recruiting a Warehouse Manager to maintain our client supply needs with timely supply and returns receipt back into Warehouse; in achieving Customer Satisfaction at its highest level to attain Tempower expectations!
You will report to and be working with the Managing Director; you will also be working in co-ordination with the Office Manager. You will be employed within the company’s relatively new Haverhill site facilities, having the skills to manage our Warehouse Team and its operational tasks in all aspects. Have customer focus and strong communication skills; also be a strong team player and motivator to achieve the objectives required, in conjunction with and from your Tempower colleagues, each having the temperament to work and operate during Tempower’s supply pressure times in support of each other and achievement in all our expectations!
The Warehouse Manager will be minded to improve on the working practices and systems application across the warehouse function, together with its product controls, area maintenance and tidiness, with storage consistency. Shall be confident in presentation and approach to tasks, pro-active to strengthen Tempower’s reputation and meet our client’s exacting requirements in full, from order receipt to hire supply and collection to product return; managing appointed tasks, from start to finish and throughout!
- Manage the Warehouse operation in its entirety encompassing staff management, product management & storage, health & safety, product checking and repairs, stock holding, daily communication and any other aspects arising with and through all areas required.
- Maintain and apply the principles / practices of Tempower’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and OHSAS 18001:2007 Health & Safety Systems.
- Maintain the Warehouse and its facilities correctly; being suitable for operational needs, a safe environment and working to H&S procedures
- Ensure product is fit and compliant for purpose, ensuring any corrective actions are quickly undertaken but correctly resolved
- Ensure that deadlines for product supply to clients is attained, to maintain customer satisfaction and Tempower objectives; sometimes with urgent supply pressure constrains
- Highlight and liaise consistently with Hire Office Manager to achieve supply objective or on any changes affecting alternatives to achievement of tasks
- Organising workload in priority of orders going out or coming in, ensuring correct picking and packing processes of equipment and correct product/batch is sent out to meet deadlines.
- Manage Couriers on Tempower site;
- On-Hire - ensure correct loads are given, documents are in place, products are loaded safely and all aspects are satisfactory before Courier’s departure!
- Off-Hire - check loads received, products are off loaded safely and clearly marked with batch recognition and all aspects are satisfactory before Courier’s departure! departing.
- Regularly review Warehouse practices for continual improvement with the warehouse staff and other Tempower departments.
- Ensure the all is operating to Health & Safety procedures, regular review with drivers of Fork Trucks for optimum practice together with general improvement across the area.
- Review and appraise staff capabilities in liaison with Human Resource Manager as well as with identified individuals need for further development and training.
- Be aware of the demands of working in a factory environment, the necessity to work to tight schedules and its demands on staff and their wellbeing.
- Manage staff issues appropriately and in conjunction with HR Manager.
Skills & Experience:
- Warehouse Management ability
- Electrical Product knowledge
- Calm in manner particularly when sometimes under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, able to build strong work relations at all levels
- Scheduling skills, with ability to prioritise self and team when under pressure
- Computer literate, utilising Word, Excel Syrinx and Tempower Control System
- Team builder and Motivator to achieve targets and delivery dates
- Willingness and desire to develop and learn in Tempower practice and processes
- Management qualification
- 2 years same or similar experience
- Familiar with ISO 9001 & OHSAS 18001 with need for continuous improvement
Location & Employment:
- Haverhill, Suffolk CB9 7XZ
- Full Time; Permanent
- Salerie- negiociable
- No Agency’s
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
No agencys or Recruitment companys