Senior IT Category Manager
- Full Time
Senior IT Category Manager - Blue Chip Financial Services Firm - £65 -75K + Package
Due to an influx of spend across the firm, a leading financial services organisation is looking to recruit an ambitious IT Category Manager with significant experience across software, hardware and services. Their successful candidate will enjoy large budgetary responsibility and be expected to bring innovative sourcing strategies and category plans to this international brand.
This senior procurement and category management position will involve:
- Introducing real value to this high-spending organisation, and being able to drive change and procurement transformation
- Designing and implementing key category strategies on an EMEA basis, and liaising with and influencing senior stakeholders in order to drive innovative solutions
- Managing multi-million spends across the entire IT and Services Categories, with a particular focus on software, and negotiating key service contracts with major suppliers
Procurement skills required:
- Significant experience of handling the end-to-end procurement and sourcing process and negotiating large-scale contracts and IT services
- A comprehensive understanding of procuring in the IT category, and relevant technical expertise
- The gravitas to influence senior members in the team, and a strong ability to network and build strong and long-lasting relationships
- MCIPS and degree preferred
If you think you have the necessary expertise and would be interested in driving procurement transformation within a high-value and high-spending financial services firm, then this is a fantastic opportunity to push yourself out of your comfort zone and have a sizeable project to add to your CV.
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure
Key skills: Procurement, Indirect, Strategic Sourcing, IT Procurement, Software, Hardware, IS, Services, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Purchasing, Buying, Negotiation