Our client is a dynamic, service orientated manufacturer supplying to the construction industry. This opportunity would best suit a diligent individual who can multi-task, working well in a target focused environment.
A modern approach to systems and processes to aid speed and efficiency is promoted.
Due to expansion and changes to the current structure, we are seeking to add a Purchasing Assistant to theeam.
Operating as part of our Purchasing and Planning Team ensuring good organisation of materials to be purchased and the ability to work to tight deadlines in a target driven environment.
Good negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential for this role.
Must be able to work under pressure as the supply chain is time sensitive which can create pressurised situations where decisive action is key in achieving a good outcome.
Skills and Experience:
- Business, administration and purchasing experience would be beneficial
- Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook is essential
- Understanding of product specifications from written text and / or drawings
- Experience of timber / manufacturing / JIT materials would be beneficial
- Highly organised and target driven
- Good negotiation and communication skills essential
- Ability to work under pressure
Performance will be assessed on the following areas and Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate and precise production of work
- On time delivery from suppliers
- Achieving process deadlines
- Departmental KPI contribution