Senior Buyer, Indirects
The organisation: A prestigious international FTSE listed Financial Services Company headquartered in London.
A brand new role as an Indirects Buyer, based in the global headquarters, to manage major Procurement projects with a focus on HR and Marketing spend, identifying savings opportunities and designing category plans to support the business. The organisation is going through a large transformation and this is a superb opportunity to work with senior management to shape the Procurement function. This will involve influencing processes and systems, including strategic supplier relationship management.
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
• Influence an Indirects procurement spend of c£30m across the headquarters with a large focus on HR Services (contingent labour, global mobility, outsourced payroll, etc) and Marketing (e-commerce, sponsorship, print, etc)
• Regularly engage, and work, with Executive level stakeholders and proactively influence the agenda so that Procurement is seen as a trusted advisor
• Identify, and deliver, opportunities to successfully manage costs with suppliers and create commercial competition
• Ensure contracts continue to meet contracting and compliance standards and driving sound risk control practices with suppliers
• Drive and keep developing the reputation of Procurement
Skills and experience required:
• A graduate calibre, 2nd/3rd jobber with procurement experience in Indirects
• Some knowledge of end to end category planning skills including contract knowledge
• Experience of working in a large and complex organisation. Experience in the Financial Services sector is desirable but not essential
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence appropriately when working with Executive level stakeholders
• Energetic, credible and keen to learn
• Inquisitive nature with a passion for identifying new spend areas for Procurement
• Self-motivated and consultative with a strong sense of ethics and the desire to be a business-oriented problem fixer