Category Manager, IT
A prestigious international FTSE listed Financial Services Company headquartered in London.
A brand new role as an IT Category Manager, based in the Group Head Office, to manage major Procurement projects in IT and Digital spend, identifying savings opportunities and designing category plans to support the business.
This role will be the IT procurement lead for Group Head Office (GHO). The organisation is going through a large transformation and this is a superb opportunity to work with senior management to shape the Procurement function. This will involve influencing processes and systems, including strategic supplier relationship management. Many of the large global deals are done from GHO.
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
• Influence an IT and Digital procurement spend of c£50m across the headquarters with a large focus on moving from on-premises to Cloud
• Regularly engage, and work, with Board level stakeholders at CIO and CTO level and proactively influence the agenda so that Procurement is seen as a trusted advisor
• Identify, and deliver, opportunities to successfully manage costs with suppliers and create commercial competition
• Ensure contracts continue to meet contracting and compliance standards and driving sound risk control practices with suppliers
• Drive and keep developing the reputation of Procurement
Skills and experience required:
• An experienced procurement professional in the IT category preferably with some experience in software and Cloud services. Experience of working with suppliers like Microsoft Azure Cloud or Amazon Web Services is an advantage
• End to end category planning skills including contract knowledge (Master Service Agreements, service schedules, etc.)
• Experience of working in a large and complex organisation. Experience in the Financial Services sector is desirable
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence appropriately when working with Board level stakeholders
• Energetic and credible with a passion for Procurement
• Self-motivated and consultative with a strong sense of ethics and the desire to be a business-oriented problem fixer
• Graduate calibre