Head of Inventory & Supply Chain Planning
We have fantastic opportunity for a Head of Inventory & Supply Chain Planning to devise and implement policies, processes and controls which optimise total working capital and inventory quality thereby supporting the achievement of world class levels of availability at minimum logistical cost based at our Tamworth head office.
Head of Inventory & Supply Chain Planning - What do we expect
This is anexciting opportunity to bringsignificant change to our supply chain and inventory process, to reduce our working capital and implement an inventory policy which improves stock turn by 100% whilst improving our “right first-time availability“ in branches.
The role will involve end to end inventory, managing the smooth and effective flow of orders from suppliers through the distribution network and into branches and supporting logistics colleagues in their quest to minimise costs.
You will need to work with key suppliers on improvement programmes with step change improvements in OTIF performance, reduced lead times, MOQ eradication and dovetailed inventory plans to minimise E2E supply chain costs and improving supply chain networks.
Forecasting is key to maintain and review processes for use in our reordering model. Taking account of previous sales history, seasonality, projected car parc (cars on the road) volumes.
Our supply chain team are based in the UK and a separate team in India. People development, communication and engagement are at the heart of what we do.
- A deep and broad knowledge of inventory management
- The theory and the best practice knowledge of different multisite industries
- Change management
- A track record of step change improvements in inventory management and availability in complex environments
- Planning and organisational skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Strong influencing skills
- Spoken and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-critical and challenging of the status quo
- Experience of forecasting and logistics systems to optimise stock turns.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How we reward:
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer:
· A highly competitive salary
· Car allowance
· Genuine career progression
· Holiday discounts with cashback
· Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
· Up to 20% discount for various high street retailers
· Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3,000 gyms in the UK
Euro Car Parts Ltd is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with more than 12,000 employees and 350 branches nationwide, and one of the UK’s biggest entrepreneurial success stories of recent times.
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Euro Car Parts is now part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe. We supply essential aftermarket components and consumables for cars and LCV’s. Each day, around 4,000 Euro Car Parts vans and bikes complete more than 82,000 customer deliveries to independent and franchised garages, body shops and fleet service centres across the UK and Ireland.
Euro Car Parts has grown to be much more than just a car parts company; we are now far greater than that. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset because they make the difference between good and great.
For more information or to arrange an informal discussion:
Please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large volumes of CVs we are currently receiving we are unable to respond to each applicant individually.
Apply for Head of Inventory & Supply Chain Planning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Import & Export Transport & Distribution £100,000 plus Full Time jobs in Tamworth
- Inventory Manager Transport & Distribution £100,000 plus Full Time jobs in Tamworth
- Logistics Transport & Distribution £100,000 plus Full Time jobs in Tamworth
- Operations Transport & Distribution £100,000 plus Full Time jobs in Tamworth
- Supply Chain Transport & Distribution £100,000 plus Full Time jobs in Tamworth