BI/MI Development & Operations Manager
YBS is changing and we’re passionate about our future. Our people are our heart and soul and we need a talented BI/MI Development & Operations Manager to join our Leeds based Data, MI & Business Services function.
If you have proven delivery of repeatable BI/MI within a large data hungry organisation combined with strong leadership skills and you want to develop a career in a changing and exciting business then why not join us? Join us and in return we’ll help you develop in your role, we’ll empower, respect and support you, so you can be the very best you can be.
What you'll be doing:
Overall you’ll manage the development and delivery of our BI/MI requirements across the development and information lifecycle via a team of operational MI analysts and Data & MI developers. You will be crucial in introducing and continuously improving processes and technology to manage the delivery of accurate, repeatable, timely and pertinent Business Intelligence to YBS.
Day to day you’ll:
- Ensure the delivery of new reporting requirements to the business through effective prioritisation and scheduling of work, robust resource management and the setting and monitoring of targets and KPIs.
- Create and implement an approach to manage prioritization of requests including any required stakeholder engagement, attendance at appropriate forums and regular progress reporting.
- Work closely with BI Engagement & Technical Leads and senior management teams to understand the business strategic direction and actively promote ways this can be supported by the BI team.
- Ensure BI requirements are sufficiently and robustly analysed to ensure development activities deliver in a timely and ‘right for first time’ manner.
- Deliver high quality trusted reporting through ensuring adherence to quality and data governance standards, oversee the creation of effective test strategies and maintenance of a report catalogue and relevant documentation and other supporting processes (e.g. Kitemarking).
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on leveraging technical toolsets to provide the business with informative and trusted reporting.
- Manage access control systems to our reporting toolsets to ensure data and report access is regularly reviewed and managed in accordance with our Group Data Protection and Information Security strategies.
- Deliver all scheduled/regular reporting in-line with agreed schedules, take ownership of issues as required and appropriate and proactively manage stakeholders.
- Provision of a query/investigation service to the business, ensuring ad-hoc data/report queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure oversight, management and reporting of key risks.
- Develop an engaged, high performing team, ensuring career progression and talent pipelines are in-place and people management policies are adhered to.
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering reports in SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SAS or similar toolsets, preferably with a formal accreditation/qualification.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in IT or a degree with a significant statistical/data component or equivalent vocational qualifications/experience.
- Strong senior stakeholder management abilities; you can explain technical concepts clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Knowledge of relational database structures, schemas and architectures including classis data warehouse design patterns (Kimball, 3NF etc.)
- Experience of setting standards and controls for the management and development of a semantic layer in line with best practice
- Able to define and deliver best practice in BI service delivery across the complete information lifecycle.
- Ability to lead and motivate small to medium teams to deliver sustained high performance
- Proactive and tenacious approach to problem resolution, able to take the initiative and drive solutions in situations of ambiguity.
- Delivery of Data visualisation dashboards via industry standard toolsets e.g. Qliksense, Tableau, Lumira,
Rewards and benefits:
Not only do we provide the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our business, we want to recognise and reward that contribution. We do this through an excellent benefits package that offers real reward:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Supportive and enjoyable working culture
- Money Purchase Pension scheme to which YBS contribute
- On site Costa Coffee at our Leeds site.
- Staff Mortgage facility and Staff Savings Account
Why choose the YBS Group?
No matter where you join us, you can be sure of professional, fun and supportive people to work with.
Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of Financial Services in the UK.
Our values are embedded into every aspect of life here and we’ll ensure that you have support and mentorship every step of the way.
Yorkshire Building Society Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.