Purchasing Assistant, £20-£23k Per Annum based upon experience
Our client based in Sheffield is looking to recruit a Purchasing assistant to assist their procurement department.
Working days, 37.5 hours per week
The purpose of this role is to deal with the management of suppliers including stock purchase, delivery control and the development of supplier relationships.
To act as the point of contact for suppliers and to ensure that all products meet with contractual terms and the needs of the production schedule, to prevent delays and enable the Company to meet customer requirements and deadlines.
- Responsible for ordering goods and ensuring they are delivered on time in order to complete customer orders.
- Progressing and chasing outstanding orders with suppliers.
- Building relationships with suppliers.
- Negotiating contracts and prices with suppliers, always getting the best value for money.
- Resolve and sign off invoice queries and deal with purchase order numbers.
- General administrative duties such as updating the company system with regard to supplier and part information.
- Manage stock control monthly and annually, chasing up any discrepancies.
- Liaising with various department across the business to ensure smooth running of production and deliveries.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Medical cash plan
- Employee assistant programme
We are looking for enthusiastic people with the above experience. This placement is on a temp to perm basis. This is a fast paced environment and would be ideal for someone who wants to expand on their career within purchasing in a well-respected engineering business based in Sheffield.
Apply directly to this advert OR email a copy of your updated CV to with a covering letter (please quote reference CSAROTH1 on your email)
MYNT Recruitment is acting as an employment business. We specialise in Temporary and Permanent contracts in the Yorkshire area
Other specialist areas of employment include: Driving: Engineering: Commercial: Industrial:
MYNT Recruitment was established in December 2004 and has 3 managed branches; on in Hull, one in Rotherham and the head office in York. We are proud members of the REC, TEAM and GLA.
If you would like to know more about MYNT Recruitment - follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter
If you are not interested in the position advertised but would like to register your details with us, visit our website or email a copy of your CV for regular job updates.