Senior Procurement Lead
A rapidly growing global sports brand are looking for a Procurement Manager to oversee and manage a broad range of IT and indirect categories managing two Category Managers and leading the strategic growth of a multi-million pound spend on a global basis. This is a great opportunity perhaps for someone who has mainly worked in IT category management who is looking to broaden their category exposure to wider indirects and/or someone wanting direct people management responsibility. The role can be split between Central London and the organisations Kent office with flexible working an option too.
- Managing a multi-million pound spend across a broad range of IT and indirect categories
- Overseeing the major strategic supplier relationships on an international basis
- Working in close partnership with the Supply Chain and rest of the Procurement Leadership team to help drive value to the business
- Have total ownership of end to end Procurement Cycle including preparation of pre-tender, tender documents, tender execution, contract negotiation and contract award.
- Be able to break into new areas of untapped spend and help procurement leverage relationships in this area
Skills and Experience:
- A broad range of Procurement category knowledge which isn’t prescriptive to the role, it is more around the individual and their ability to be agile to picking up different areas of spend
- Experience of change management within a sizeable business
- Able to manage and deliver supplier performance evaluation and selection
- Great interpersonal skills and experience of managing a large procurement spend
- Degree educated
If you are interested in working in the sports and entertainment industry and want a generalist category management role with a chance to grow a spend portfolio and team then please do get in touch!