Supply / Demand Planner
Supply / Demand Planner
The Supply Chain & Logistics division of SF Group is currently recruiting for a Supply / Demand Planner in Leicester.
The Role - Supply / Demand Planner
The planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sources including sales, finance and retailer systems.
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position plays an integral role in navigating dialogue between sales and operations, providing an objective interface between sales and operations, most notably for ensuring SLAs are met with key accounts whilst maintaining cost-optimal inventory levels.
Hours of work: 8:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and tracking forecast models at the customer and product level, acting as integration point between sales and operations
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Challenge sales forecasts with the sales team and act as link through the supply chain
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Highlight variances where they differ from the sales forecast and identify potential service issues or wastage issues thereon.
- Identify excess stock and liaise with commercial team to develop plans for sale.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
The Candidate - Supply / Demand Planner
- Ideally at least 2 - 3 years' experience in a demand planning / forecasting role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of a planning related solution is preferred.
- Solid interpersonal and facilitation skills are necessary to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced knowledge of MS excel (VBA knowledge) is necessary
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to cope well under pressure (essential)
- Able to work to tight timeframes (essential)
How to apply?
Please submit your CV or call ASAP.