Senior Procurement Specialist - IT
Senior Procurement Specialist - IT -Innovative Transport Major - West Sussex - £45,000 - 55,000 + Bonus - Fast-track Promotion to Category Manager
Contact Adam at JobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Industry leading transport major seeking an ambitious, commercially-minded IT Procurement Specialist to join ranks and deliver a step-change across key categories. With an award-winning IT team renowned for market leading technological innovations that are changing the face or the transport world this is a fantastic opportunity for a technology-savvy procurement professional.
Thanks to progressive lead-ership, Procurement has come a long way over the last four years, but the team still has development areas in their best-in-class journey, so this new position presents a fantastic opportunity to add value and carve a name for oneself en route to 'Category Manager.'
As Senior Procurement Specialist you will: -
- Autonomously own £ Multi-Million procurement sub-categories and strategic sourcing projects from cradle-to-grave, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM) phases
- Proactively implement strategic procurement initiatives alongisde senior stakeholders, positioning procure-ment more effectively within the organisation and gaining crucial buy-in from Divisional Heads, Sales Directors and the Managing Director
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team, picking up broader commercial responsibilities outside of typical Procurement & Sourcing (e.g. progressing toward P&L ownership and wider commercial management)
- Focus on complex IT & Technology procurement categories across Enterprise Software, IT Services, Consultancy, Telecoms, Hardware, Data Centre & Resale spend areas, managing both leading IT suppliers as well as bespoke and niche vendors
- Report into the IT Category Lead, benefiting from one-to-one coaching to ensure your promotion within 12-18 months, either in the IT Procurement team or another category
Required background: -
- Impressive track record within your procurement career to date, progressing from Grad-uate Buyer to Senior Buyer / Procurement Specialist in just 2-3 years
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end procurement process, with strategic (as opposed to just tactical) sourcing experience
- Specific IT procurement experience required, ideally across software & hardware
- Degree qualified & studying CIPS (preferred though not essential)
If you are a passionate, self-starting procurement professional looking for real responsibility and exposure, this thriving business is promising an exciting career.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, indirect, direct, IT, Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Resale, London, Crawley, West Sussex
Apply for Senior Procurement Specialist - IT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly