Senior Procurement Specialist - IT
Senior Procurement Specialist - IT -Innovative Transport Major - West Sussex - £45,000 - 55,000 + Bonus - Fast-track Promotion to Category Manager
Contact Adam at JobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Industry leading transport major seeking an ambitious, commercially-minded IT Procurement Specialist to join ranks and deliver a step-change across key categories. With an award-winning IT team renowned for market leading technological innovations that are changing the face or the transport world this is a fantastic opportunity for a technology-savvy procurement professional.
Thanks to progressive lead-ership, Procurement has come a long way over the last four years, but the team still has development areas in their best-in-class journey, so this new position presents a fantastic opportunity to add value and carve a name for oneself en route to 'Category Manager.'
As Senior Procurement Specialist you will: -
- Autonomously own £ Multi-Million procurement sub-categories and strategic sourcing projects from cradle-to-grave, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM) phases
- Proactively implement strategic procurement initiatives alongisde senior stakeholders, positioning procure-ment more effectively within the organisation and gaining crucial buy-in from Divisional Heads, Sales Directors and the Managing Director
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team, picking up broader commercial responsibilities outside of typical Procurement & Sourcing (e.g. progressing toward P&L ownership and wider commercial management)
- Focus on complex IT & Technology procurement categories across Enterprise Software, IT Services, Consultancy, Telecoms, Hardware, Data Centre & Resale spend areas, managing both leading IT suppliers as well as bespoke and niche vendors
- Report into the IT Category Lead, benefiting from one-to-one coaching to ensure your promotion within 12-18 months, either in the IT Procurement team or another category
Required background: -
- Impressive track record within your procurement career to date, progressing from Grad-uate Buyer to Senior Buyer / Procurement Specialist in just 2-3 years
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end procurement process, with strategic (as opposed to just tactical) sourcing experience
- Specific IT procurement experience required, ideally across software & hardware
- Degree qualified & studying CIPS (preferred though not essential)
If you are a passionate, self-starting procurement professional looking for real responsibility and exposure, this thriving business is promising an exciting career.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, indirect, direct, IT, Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Resale, London, Crawley, West Sussex