Are you looking for more challenges, excitement and opportunities within a high profile public sector organisation where you will be at the heart of a changing procurement service? If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you.
This role is an integral part of Commercial Services. Working with one or more Intelligent Client Functions (ICF) or business groups. You will provide essential commercial support to the business, proactively managing one or more of their key contracts. You will contribute to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor.
You will play an essential part in managing and/or overseeing the overall commercial life cycle, whilst your day to day role may be managing contracts and supplier relationships, you may find yourself leading on any aspects of the commercial life cycle, from developing category/contract strategies and managing procurement processes, to managing strategic supplier relationships and rolling out commercial and contract management standards across the organisation.
· Commercially astute
· Good leadership skills and a self-starter with a positive mindset, willing to work independently and effectively as part of a team
· Experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex and operational environment
· A good understanding of contract law and applied working knowledge of interpreting, managing and enforcing complex service agreements/contracts/frameworks
· Proven track record and detailed understanding of commercial contract management processes, performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms
· Experience in the implementation of supplier relationship management strategies
· Experience of negotiating and managing large complex contracts
· A good understanding of commercial life cycle management and standard sourcing methodologies and a working knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as EU Public Contract Regulations
· Good stakeholder management and communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written) Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. You will have the ability to engage with users to understand requirements, influence decision making, to effectively question and challenge users (acting as a “critical friend”)
· Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation and externally
· Working knowledge of purchasing processes (P2P)
· CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification (or actively working towards)
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Contract Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)