Senior Procurement Manager
Our client is a highly-regarded and prestigious FTSE listed organisation with an excellent reputation in providing Services.
With the arrival of a new Procurement Director, there is a significance focus on transforming the Procurement function to improve processes, systems, resources and business engagement. They have created a new role for a Senior Procurement Manager to join one of their largest spend categories.
This role will report into the Category Procurement Director and influence a varied and challenging spend area across technology, professional services, marketing, uniforms, call centres, etc. – a spend of c£400m.
It's ideally suited to an ambitious procurement professional looking for a large, green field challenge. You must enjoy transformation, building business engagement and business partnering. This role is NOT about chipping away at prices, it's about challenging specifications, looking at make versus buy as well as automation and challenging the supply chain and SRM.
• Devise and implement procurement category strategies, gaining business alignment
• Building cross-functional project teams to help manage and deliver against the procurement strategies
• Working closely with Director level stakeholders and regularly updating key teams
• Conducting complex sourcing initiatives
• Driving cost reduction through operational efficiencies, especially around supplier relationship management
• Proactively interrogate budgets to identify opportunities and risk
• Total Cost of Ownership modelling to define optimal cost structures.
Skills and experience required:
• A solid background in Procurement, indirect and/or direct procurement experience, and able to demonstrate clear career progression
• Leadership qualities and able to provide direction and communicate effectively
• A track record of building procurement strategies, aligned to business requirements and delivering successfully against these
• Experience of delivering cost reduction through operational efficiencies – outsourcing versus in-sourcing; make versus buy; strategic SRM, etc.
• Capable of working in a change and transformation culture and in a green-field environment
• Graduate calibre
Apply for Senior Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly