Marine Electronic Engineer
Marine Electronic Engineer
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Marine Electronics organisation who are currently expanding their Engineering team. Our leading Marine Electronics partner is currently looking for a Marine Electronics Engineer in Lowestoft.
The Marine Electronics Engineer will undertake installations and repair services on Marine Navigational and communications systems on a variety of vessel types.
The Marine Electronic Engineer will conduct installations, and provide maintenance and repairs service for vessels safety, communications, and navigation systems. They are expected to conduct safety surveys of a merchant vessel in line with SOLAS requirements, the relevant Classification societies, or MCA. Through continuous development of technical knowledge, they are expected to advice stakeholders and customers when requested to support sales.
It is expected that engineers will promote sales of the company's goods and services during the course of their duties.
Key Responsibilities for the Marine Electronic Engineer:
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
- Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises
- Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to Maintain existing client relationships and develop new
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience
Key Skills and Qualifications required for the Marine Electronics Engineer:
Past experience in a service industry, as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems is essential.
- Good track record in customer service.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline
- Full driving licence
Desirable experience for the Marine Electronics Engineer:
- GMDSS operator's certificate
- Radio survey experience
- BOSIET or OLF certification
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
Apply for Marine Electronic Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly