Procurement Operations Manager
Procurement Operations Manager, salary up to £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Brunel University London,a world-class educational institution offering a wide range of courses in London, with over c12,900 students and c2,500 staff, and a total income of circa £216 million (2017/18).
In 2016, Brunel celebrated its 50th Anniversary since being awarded its Royal Charter in 1966, and it’s mission has always been to combine academic rigour with the practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative approach pioneered by namesake Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
We are supporting Brunel as it transforms its transactional ‘tendering team’ into a commercially focused, centrally coordinated ‘Procurement Services’ function; becoming an integral and valued (internal and external) strategic partner with increased execution capability.
As part of this transformation, we are recruiting an exceptional Procurement Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and service departments by challenging existing practices and actively seeking ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
Reporting into the Procurement Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring delivery of the University’s strategic objectives for Procurement Process, eSourcing and P2P Systems, Spend and Market Analysis
- Leading the development of procurement systems strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics, and supplier performance management ensuring the University is at the forefront in the use of technology.
- Leading catalogue management, development and maintenance in CHIME; and analysing supply market risk and procurement spend to identify commercial opportunities and mitigations..
- Owning P2P processes, providing assurance of data quality to support P2P and driving organisational performance including but not limited to Analytical Management, Data Reporting and improved compliance.
To succeed you will be professionally qualified in MCIPS or similar,with a strong track record of excellent procurement processes, customer service and experience of using P2P systems. In addition, you will be resilient enough to excel within a newly created and changing team and have the interpersonal skills to develop key stakeholder relationships.
Further information is available at https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/brunel
For an informal confidential discussion about the role please contact Becca Farnon on 020 3031 9628 or email your application (CV and supporting statement of no more than 2 pages) by Sunday 17thMarch, 2019.
More searches like this
- Category Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)