Our client based in North Tyneside is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The role will have a focus on security operations.
- To actively manage the performance of the Security operation to ensure it is delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
- To plan the efficient and effective deployment of labour (including seasonal), so as to ensure that the needs of the business are met within defined financial budgets.
- To lead and manage the staff within the security department so as to ensure that performance, competence and capabilities are tracked and audited to ensure the security operation remains compliant.
- To further develop working relationships with other departments including the Terminal, Commercial, Engineering, Projects & Facilities teams, so as to ensure that their activities are in support of the security section.
- To innovate and deliver compliant operations with a keen eye on future legislation and opportunities.
- Experience of managing and delivering on budgets, both cost and revenue; re-forecasting in line with company procedures.
- Experience of planning the efficient and effective deployment of labour so as to ensure that the needs of the business are met within defined financial budgets
- Experience of inculcating a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to improve working practices and cross functional relationships.
- Experience of writing business cases and supporting papers where needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This is primarily a Monday to Friday role but due to the seniority of the position and nature of the business you may need to vary working days on ocasion or be on call.
Due to the nature of the business you will be required to demonstrate during the recruitment process, that you have no relevant criminal record.