Junior Buyer - £30,000 Birmingham
Junior Buyer - £30,000 + Fantastic Progression - Birmingham
This FMCG major are undergoing a transformation of their procurement department and are looking to add a team of ambitious, dynamic buyers to their procurement team. Across a range of indirect categories the successful buyers will have the opportunity to manage high spends with large amounts of autonomy. Alongside this, the company will continue to deliver on their promise to developing best in class procurement professionals with outstanding training and support to ensure promotions are achieved inside 18 months.
Buyer - Procurement Job Profile:
- Client facing role, working directly with senior procurement executives of FTSE 100 clients within Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive and Aerospace
- Working across a range of indirect categories with procurement manager on large projects
- Have total ownership and control of smaller scale procurement projects, including management and dealing with OJEU thresholds
- Application of full procurement cycle knowledge, contributing cradle to grave across the procurement cycle
- Complete development of procurement skills to achieve promotion within 15 months
Buyer - Procurement Requirements:
- Confident stake holder management skills to deal professionally with senior procurement executives
- At least 1-year public sector experience
- Ability to identify and implement cost saving procedures in the procurement process through strong analytical skills
- Experience engaging with the complete procurement life cycle, cradle to grave
- Degree (2:1 and above)
- CIPS (Preferred but not essential)
If you are a dynamic, ambitious individual with a background within indirect procurement who is looking to develop and progress quickly in a fast-paced environment, then this role is a fantastic opportunity.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Alex at email@example.com or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, indirect, strategic sourcing, retail procurement, senior buyer, category management, consulting, stakeholder management, buyer, Birmingham, Midlands, FMCG, negotiation, retail, contract management, procurement consultancy, Indirect procurement, Leamington Spa, consulting procurement