Transport Co-Ordinator - Capabilities
Transport Co-Ordinator - Capabilities
· Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As General Mills continues to position itself to win in a fast-paced, complex marketplace, we must continually assess our capabilities and ways of working. We recognize the need to build capabilities across our Logistics and Supply & Demand planning network in EUAU to improve how we orchestrate and execute across our functional areas.
General Mills is investing in building a centre of excellence of Supply Chain in our Uxbridge Office that will help us enhance our capabilities in supply & planning and physical logistics for EUAU.
The centre of excellence for Supply in the General Mills Uxbridge will be accountable to:
- Scale our capability initiatives
- Simplify and standardize processes, or eliminate processes when necessary
- Create a foundation for successful launch and learns
- Integrate our resources and capabilities into an enhanced regional team to accelerate our progress and results.
In this role you will:
• Support the regional logistics team to bring a step change in transport planning and execution including but not limited to:
• Process mapping current environment to support standardisation and optimization opportunities across plants and markets
• Support regional COE community, developing tools and process in support of transport mgt across region
• Support regional transport pilots for differential capabilities such as track and trace.
• Support regional programme for Export management to ensure alignment with Global Trade team capabilities and process and identify standardisation opportunities in the region as related to master data mgt
• For all programs, bring together the right people to facilitate all activities (diagnosis, design, implementation plan, decision making)
• For all programs, use appropriate tools and internal resources in terms of project management
• HMM delivery through Primary Transport lead initiatives
• Able to work across borders and cultures
• Function specific competencies:
o Broad Perspective
o Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Learning Agility
• Delivers Outstanding Results:
o Delivers on short and long-term commitments
o Adds value with superior expertise
• Energizes and Develops People:
o Inspires and leads others
o Collaborates across boundaries
o Develops people, organizations and self
o Values diversity
• Leads Innovation:
o Connects to the outside world
o Encourages innovation
o Engenders trust at all levels
o Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite – Go live June 2019
- 1st Class Training and Development
This is a very rewarding role for an experienced supply chain professional who wants to drive and be part of a an exciting change within a global organization.
More searches like this
- Import & Export Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Uxbridge
- Inventory Manager Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Uxbridge
- Logistics Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Uxbridge
- Operations Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Uxbridge
- Supply Chain Transport & Distribution £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in Uxbridge