Indirect Procurement Manager
Procurement Category Specialist: Multinational Pharmaceutical Brand - Cambridgeshire - £35,000-45,000k - MCIPS Sponsorship - Fast Tracked Progression to Category Manager - Greenfield
This privately funded clinical research organisation is dedicated to improving human health across the globe, making significant progress in the fight against disease since their establishment 80 years ago. Such an important mission requires high-performing support functions to maximise the organisation's reach and impact.
Due to the progress made towards their mission, this newly created procurement specialist position has been created to develop a strategic procurement & supplier management service for key business functions. Working at the core of a complex greenfield procurement site, you will have full autonomy to take the reins and lead the sourcing activities across your category. With excellent learning and development and an undisputed reputation for career progression, this is a fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional looking to progress their career to a senior position.
As an indirect procurement manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading strategic sourcing projects across multiple indirect procurement categories.
- Negotiating with market leading with a broad supplier base, using your supplier relationship management skills to leverage longer term commercial advantages for the business as well as cost savings
- Project leading category / sourcing strategies, owning the cradle-to-grave procurement process including RFP, RFQ etc
- Regular interaction with an executive level stakeholder community, winning support for far-reaching procurement initiatives
Required procurement experience & qualifications:-
- Strong procurement and strategic sourcing experience within established companies, with at least 2 years specialising in end to end sourcing
- Ambition to succeed in a market-leading environment and progress through the ranks of a world-class procurement function
- Degree / MCIPS qualifications preferable though not essential
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Shiva at jobsSD@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: procurement, category management, buyer, senior buyer, pharmaceutical, life sciences, analyst, Cambridge, Northampton, Huntingdon, indirect procurement, direct procurement, IT procurement, procurement generalist, marketing procurement, FM procurement, SRM, SAP, indirect spend, professional services, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management, strategic, tactical, strategic sourcing