Commissioning Manager | Local Government Authority | Hampshire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Commissioning Manager to join the Workforce Development team of a well-established Local Government Authority as they embark on a significant period of change. This role will lead and shape the business strategy for procurement of learning across the Council as well as other Government bodies, and provide a cost-effective service that delivers on time, cost and quality.
The successful candidate will drive the creation and maintenance of a medium-term business plan that will ensure the service has a structured approach to delivering the learning procurement vision. Primarily you will be responsible for managing the Master Vendor framework contract and its performance and support co-ownership of the Dynamic Procurement System.
With a spend value of 0.5m, over 100 suppliers and 96 personnel with buying capability, the role of the commissioning manager will be to implement frameworks, controls and processes that enable the purchasing to become more standardised and measurable.
This is a greenfield role and one that is highly regarded within the organisation. Whilst you will not be purchasing directly, you will enable the stakeholders across the Business to understand their requirements and help leverage their buying power with robust processes and strong people engagement.
With over 560 live projects at any one time ranging from organising a staff away day to booking transformational leadership courses, this is a demanding and challenging role that requires someone with a solid Project Management background in an OJEU led environment to lead the way with best Practice.
As Commissioning Manager you will:
- To deliver a comprehensive and innovative Master Vendor service to customers through a knowledgeable, professional and skilled team.
- To implement robust processes, procedures to ensure standardisation for purchasing
- To collaborate with peer managers in all functions to support the delivery of the learning procurement services across partners (Strategy, operations and delivery).
- To lead the financial and cost management to ensure there is robust data, thorough forward planning and controls to deliver a balanced budget each financial year.
- To ensure the highest quality project, commercial and financial outcomes within given timescales, budgets and regulatory requirements.
- To support the management of relationships with clients, customers, partners and suppliers at a senior level to ensure the procurement service is relevant and valued.
- To provide commercial, financial and project leadership in development of the business including the identification of new opportunities.
This role would suit somebody with experience of using OJEU frameworks and who has a track record of delivering change projects within this space. You are likely to be CIPS qualified (although not a pre-requisite) with the addition of a PRINCE2 qualification.
Experience of HR Category Management would be beneficial but not essential.
In addition, you will possess:
- Highest level presentation and communication skills which influence and persuade audiences
- Proven experience in successfully managing teams
- Thorough understanding of leadership in a political organisation or equivalent complex environment as appropriate with ability to demonstrate and understand a wider strategic view
- Excellent customer skills that will give confidence and assurance to clients, customers and partners.
- Understanding of a complex Public Sector organisation (e.g. Local Authority, Government department or agency)
- Knowledge and application of commercial and procurement policy, procedures and legislative frameworks within LGA
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established provider within the UK and be a part of the transformation. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.