Buyer - indirects
Based in Leeds
Circa £30k + Benefits
Fixed 14 month contract.
Our client is looking for an expeienced Buyer to help them on a fixed term 14 month contract within their indirects purchasing team.
- Procurement of Indirect capital goods and support services
• Drive material cost savings and efficiencies from the procurement of indirect goods and support service categories.
• Work with Supply Chain Leadership team to ensure end to end processes are in place to control, manage and report on agreed cost reduction targets.
• Build and leverage relationships with supply chain partners to drive value extraction.
- Owns the relationship with several key suppliers, undertaking periodic performance reviews with them.
• To leverage best value with suppliers across all procurement categories
• Ensure the attainment of all budgeted procurement cost optimisation deliverables, working with regional Senior Managers to ensure timely and consistent regional reporting
• Deliver aligned proposals to optimise contract initiation, review and negotiation processes, working with regional counterparts to leverage global purchasing power
• Creation and ownership of tender documentation as required leading and / or supporting Head of Department in the vendor selection and decision making process.
• Embed latest procurement processes and controls to ensure expenditure approval and forecast expenditure reflect group protocols, with clear governance and decision-making.
• Drive ongoing benefits from supplier rationalisation/consolidation to embed this activity into core working behaviours and not as one off projects
- Owning the relationship with specific suppliers and leading the relationship and the interface into the business
• Establishing strong lines of communication, both with suppliers and with all levels of internal hierarchy.
• Being adaptable and flexible to the needs of the different businesses, sometimes at very short notice
• Balancing several projects within various different categories at any one time and managing the delivery of each to acceptable timescales
• Obtaining valuable and accurate management information from systems to support procurement decision process
Skills, Know How and experience
- Relevant experience in a business environment with previous buying/negotiating and contract experience
• Experience of negotiation and supplier relationship management
• Demonstrable experience of developing supply strategies.
• Experienced in a wide range of indirect product & service categories
• Strong stakeholder communication to ensure excellent working relationships across all levels of the organisation
• Ability to think and work within a diverse range of established company procedures and standards and able to adapt to new policies as introduced.
• Ability to resolve problems demanding the selection and application of a well defined processes
• Excellent prioritisation skills
• Ability to influence within a matrix organisation
• Experience working within tight and changing deadlines
• Keen attention to detail
• Computer literate
- Responsibility for the procurement and management of a variety of Indirect type support service and facilities contracts
• Key responsibilities encompass coordination and delivery of the procurement, negotiation, contracting, management and administration of various categories of indirect and support services spend ranging from but not specific to Capital / revenue goods and support services, utilities provision, facilities services, marketing services, packaging, import/export logistics, CRC monitoring & compliance and many other diverse categories of indirect spend
• Commercial support for Indirect & Support Services type projects as they are identified and defined eg packaging automation, transit box optimisation, travel service providers, translation services, Supplier consolidation, etc.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly