Junior Logistics Planner (m/f)
The Junior Logistics Planner (internally called EU Central Flow Lead) is responsible for managing workflow of outbound department of multiple FCs from a remote centralized location, based out of our BHX1 Fulfillment Center in Rugeley, UK. Key areas of responsibilities would include managing the workflow of outbound orders across multiple processes and managing customer experience while minimizing fulfillment cost across multiple FCs.
The lead would be responsible for communication of workflow status with Operations and Area Managers whilst escalating any Customer Experience Risks and reporting any SLA failure risks or deviation from Standard Work to the Sr. Managers and General Manager. The lead is expected to play the role of an advisor to the operations team based on his holistic view of the outbound flow and facilitate communication between multiple areas of outbound operations. As part of this role you will be required to work flexible shift patterns and provide cover for holidays and short notice events.
The Central Flow Lead is expected to provide operational insights to the Amazon Fulfillment Technology team and work with them to develop advanced and intuitive automated flow control for outbound operations.
- Understand Outbound Shift Planning
- Understand Technical Details of FC Systems
- Ability to grasp the operational concepts of flow settings for FC picking systems that include flow pick and batchy pick paths for multiple FCs with different volume and demand patterns.
- Understanding of the boundary of responsibilities between Operations on the floor and Central flow as dictated by Standard Work developed by Central Flow Management.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues. Escalate to management, facilities.
- Communicate Customer Shipment Risk and performance opportunities to FC operations in a standardized manner.
- Ability to track and report system performance through various equipment performance monitoring software platforms.
- Help AFT team to Develop Automated Flow tools
- Ability to advise and teach the basic flow standards to the new managers through communications and advise them on standard flow settings thus speeding the learning curves of new managers.
- Ability to teach and advise new flow leads as we on board new candidates to the central flow center.
- Fluent in English
- Has strong communications skills – able to express key messages and interact with different customers within the FC individually and with groups via remote methods such as telephone, e-mail and instant message platforms
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills, can analyze numerical data points, work with data to assess situations and take appropriate action.
- Must be flexible in terms of work schedule; willing to work odd or long hours, if necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and stressful situations without much management oversight.
- Detail oriented: accuracy is essential.
- Knowledge of additional EU language would be an advantage.
- Bachelors Degree Prefferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – must display patience, strong customer service skills and helpfulness at all times
- Good judgment, self-empowered and autonomous.
- Ability to demonstrate working well in a team environment remotely and at an advisory level.
- Computer knowledge and preferably SQL code language.