Category Buyer - Energy
5 days left
- Full Time
Are you a procurement professional looking for a fresh challenge?
We are recruiting for an experienced Category Buyer to join an expanding and progressive procurement team based in West Yorkshire.
As the successful candidate you will report directly to a Category Manager, as well as supporting the Strategic Procurement Lead in both defining and driving forward procurement strategies for the Energy category spend. This will include, but not be limited to initiating and managing tender and pre-qualification exercises to meet business requirements, ensuring compliance with EU procurement legislation (OJEU) and negotiating with suppliers to deliver best value.
You will also spend time researching current and future market trends to help inform strategy and carry out ongoing contract management responsibilities.
As the successful candidate you will have;
- A detailed knowledge of procurement processes and proven experience in strategic procurement (essential)
- Experience and understanding of EU Procurement legislation (OJEU) (essential)
- A degree level qualification (desirable)
- Studying towards or qualified MCIPS level (essential)
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
We stress, you must have experience based with a category management procurement environment with a strong demonstrable experience of negotiation and influencing stakeholders.
BPM Supply Chain would like to talk to you if you match the above requirements. BPM Supply Chain are acting as a Recruitment Agency in the recruitment of this post. Your details will be held in strictest confidence and in compliance with GDPR legislation.
Apply for Category Buyer - Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly