Inventory Planner (Supply Chain)
Inventory Planner (Supply Chain Planner)
Based in Leamington spa
£24-30k + Benefits
6 month fixed term contract
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage the demand profile and supply of a range of products, ensuring that product availability and inventory value are maintained at targeted levels, to ensure excellent customer satisfaction. To contribute to the inventory management and business improvement initiatives relating to these products.
• Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement of performance and processes within the Inventory Management team.
• Achieve KPI levels of product availability and inventory value within the distribution network for a range of products.
• Manage statistical forecasts for a range of products, and additional ‘market intelligence’ forecasts, to ensure that product supply reflects branch / customer requirements.
• Manage the Mercia forecasting and planning system for the product range through data management and exception reports, ensuring that items are introduced, expedited, de-expedited and managed out of the business as appropriate.
• Manage & develop a number of suppliers, ensuring that they meet the requirements of the business, in terms of delivery OTIF measures, & work with those suppliers to ensure that product availability and supply chain efficiency targets are consistently achieved.
• Work collaboratively with Product Managers, to ensure that the supplier base responds to the requirements of the business, to ensure that company sales and margins are maximised.
• Contribute to the development of the Inventory Management team, through better use of IM tools, enhanced analytical approaches and increasing influence throughout the business.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• PC literate
• Strong inter-personal skills for negotiation and influencing
• Good level of education, literate and numerate (graduate calibre)
• Experience of Merchant / Retail / Service Parts inventory management environments highly desirable
• Inventory management experience in a high sku, complex environment
• Knowledge of automated replenishment systems
• Proven record of working with and developing suppliers
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your Cv with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org