Procurement Operations Manager
Are you a strategic thinker who can support the delivery of value for money and social value through the supply chain; recognising and balancing potential risk factors? If so our client would like to hear from you.
Our client is a flagship voluntary programme for 16 and 17 year olds, which aims to create a more engaged and cohesive society by enabling young people to work together on social action projects in and with their communities whilst supporting their transition to adulthood through personal social development, challenging activities and guided reflection.
In this role you will build a ‘fit for purpose’ infrastructure underpinning a modern, professional commercial/procurement function. This will entail leading on policies, processes and corresponding documentation together with appropriate tools. You will translate strategic thinking into practical application to deliver a high performing structure to enable Procurement Services to add greater value to the organisation. You will lead and own Procurement Services documentation. Ensuring that a comprehensive suite is created and regularly updated. You will also lead on e-enablement; both tools and techniques e.g. e-tendering. They will evaluate options and make recommendations.
You will have/be:
- Graduate level qualification (preferably in a business related discipline).
- Ideally you will be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS).
- Ideally you will have experience of establishing and leading Procurement Operations
- Highly numerate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; is clear, concise and relevant. Able to convey complex matters to a diverse audience.
- Good attention to detail; producing high quality materials and documentation. Able to evidence.
- Well-developed influencing skills; capable of affecting key decision makers
- Proficient with Management Information tools e.g. D&B reports
- In-depth knowledge of the Public Procurement Regulations. This includes the theory and practical application.
- Ideally you will have experience of Lean and six sigma
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)