Now we're just haggling over price! A Senior Buyer is needed to support the Commercial function on a busy highways framework in a great East London location. Working for a Tier 1 contractor on a successful JV these opportunities don't come around often!
Why work for this company?
- Based in a great East London location close to Shops, Bars & Restaurants
- Managerial opportunity to train and develop an Assistant
- Dynamic team environment
- Working on a renowned framework
- Joining a Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Competitive basic salary
- Car or Car Allowance
- Private BUPA healthcare
- Contributory pension
Senior Buyer requirements:
- Demonstrable experience as a Buyer and within Procurement
- Extensive knowledge of the UK Construction market
- Come from a Civil Engineering contractor
- Experience in construction materials buying is essential
- Previous experience of sub-contract procurement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in relevant systems and software
Senior Buyer Responsibilities
- Managing an Assistant Buyer
- Reporting to the Commercial Director
- Using the right purchasing procedures that efficiently and effectively deliver goods to contracts.
- Providing a good personal service to colleagues, ensuring the purchasing of goods meets their operational needs.
- Being price competitive when purchasing materials.
- Purchase Materials and Sub Contractors for allocated sites
- Identify key material and provide information to site teams for efficient procurement
- Provide feedback on financial performance of materials
- Attend supplier meeting to discuss supply challenges (price, quality, availability)
Sound like your DREAM JOB? Submit your CV or contact Lauren Jenkins at Randstad CPE London. Not quite right for you but perfect for a friend? - Refer someone now and get £200* if we place them!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.