Interim Purchasing Administrator
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Manufacturing organisation who are seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join their existing international team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-2 years commercial purchasing, ordering or procurement experience to join a hugely dynamic team and add a very valuable assignment to their career progression.
The Purchasing Administrator manages, coordinates and participates in the ordering and procurement of essential technology needs including but not limited to PC hardware and PC software for Global IT organization.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs. Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers. Maintain communications with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements. Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers. Coordinate returns and service problems with suppliers. Verify billed amount with goods received. Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation. Leads and resolves problems and issues arising from purchase of services, invoices, supplies and equipment with internal and external clients.
- Inputs accurate Information into the supplier web portal on behalf of the business functions to enable efficient, timely and accurate purchases of both IT hardware and software.
- Monitors overall ordering and purchasing procedures for possible improvements. Identifies opportunities and coordinates with the IT team to implement purchasing improvements including standardized forms, file organization and documentation requirements.
- Ensures all related governance processes/policies are adhered to and completed prior to final approval to ensure all ordering and purchasing is done in the best interest of the company (legal, technical, financial).
- Maintains ordering and purchasing information, electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines and in case of audit.
- Provides monthly management reporting of ordering and purchase activities. Maintain SharePoint database for ordering, purchase orders and contracts.
- Reviews planned orders, prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests. Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Ensures all documentation on requests is accurate. Coordinate the work flow and prioritize requests received from the request originators. Advise on most efficient means of procuring items and applicable procedures. Counsel requestors regarding product availability and economic purchase factors.
Key Experience Required:
- 1-2 Commercial years experience
- Candidate must be able to work efficiently within a team
- Software Systems experience
- Process of ordering and receiving
- Someone that knows how and is able to process orders
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Must be confident to work independently with minimual supervision
- Education - Bachelor's Degree is desirable