Due to significant business expansion, there is now a fantastic opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join the senior team at this food manufacturing facility in North Wales. With a strong portfolio of products and an extensive customer base, this company is continuing to increase their turnover and need to ensure their purchasing function can support this growth.
A key focus of the role will be to develop a purchasing strategy that ensures the business can react to customer needs and stays ahead of market fluctuations and prices.
Reporting to the Managing Director the Purchasing Managers responsibilities will be to:-
- Manage a spend of £15m across direct and indirect materials.
- Ensure that strong relationships are built with their predominately European supply base.
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favorable terms.
- Manage commodity prices.
- Ensure supplier capacity as volumes increase.
- Mange risks and opportunities within the supply chain.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and manage through to implementation.
- Develop procurement KPI’s such as price variance reporting.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of commodity purchasing.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Experience achieving cost downs.
- The ability to negotiate high value contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants the opportunity to develop purchasing strategy.
- A salary of £50-55,000 depending upon experience.
- Death in service benefit
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare scheme
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the ‘apply now’ button to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.