Junior Buyer / Buyer c.£24k-28k pa
Brand Addition is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and our impressive client list includes Michelin, Google, ABB, Mars, L’Oreal, Intel and RBS to name a few. With annual sales in excess of £60 million Brand Addition employs over 290 people globally across Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, Turkey, Moscow, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sydney.
Who we’re looking for:
This position is working within an established purchasing team, responsibilities will include:
- Working with the in-house design and sales teams on product ideas and concepts
- Assisting with idea generation and preparation of client presentations Managing a core supplier base whilst bringing on new supply routes
- Negotiating costings and ensuring projects are delivered within budget
- Writing detailed product specifications and purchase orders
- Liaising with all departments to ensure projects are delivered to schedule
- Defining quality requirements and ensuring testing is done accordingly
What you’ll need:
- Of graduate calibre, at least 2 years' buying experience in either the promotions or retail industries.
- Experience of buying from the Far East and dealing with inspections, testing and shipping.
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to work under pressure
- Effective time management and planning skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people
In return, we offer:
A great place to work in a modern forward thinking business which includes:
Competitive Salary – Bonus Scheme – Pension Scheme – Life Assurance – 25-28 Days Holiday - Sickness Scheme – Flexible Working – Development and Secondment Opportunities –
Early Finish Friday – Fruity Friday – Monthly Get-Togethers –- Cycle to Work Scheme – Employee Assistance Scheme – Maternity Incentives – Childcare Vouchers to name a few.